The ITIL® Awareness course provides learners with the unique opportunity to receive an introduction to the concepts of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM). It provides an overview of the concepts within the ITIL best practices domain while also introducing the key ITIL processes. This course explains how ITIL processes are driven by a service lifecycle to provide smooth functioning to organizations, thus ensuring high-quality services to their customers.
This course has been designed for learners who need a basic awareness of ITIL as a general interest, as part of a larger program initiative as opposed to the full certification ITIL Foundation course or for those who may not be sure of their future training path and want to assess ITIL/ITSM viability in their organization.
During this course the learner will be introduced to the ITIL Service Lifecycle which is the foundation of the ITIL framework. It is a holistic view of the service that highlights the key activities that are involved in delivering value to the customer via effective management of the service.
The learner will learn about the various activities in the Service Lifecycle from the initiation phase all the way through to the final decommissioning. This journey will culminate in the learner gaining an understanding of the full cycle of service management. The course modules are designed to introduce the distinct areas of ITIL, but are not intended to be fully comprehensive.
During this course, learners will:
- Be introduced to the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Understand the foundation of the ITIL framework
- Learn about the introduction to Incident, Problem, Change, and Release Management
- Learn about the key activities in the service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, service optimization, and service review
- IT Professionals in student, trainee, or entry-level roles, including preservice IT professionals
- IT Staff members and others who may not qualify for an ITIL Foundation certificate but who would like to understand more about best practices in IT Service Management.
- Those who have completed the ITIL Foundation training course but who have not passed the ITIL Foundation exam routine.
In order to succeed within this course, the learner must:
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Be comfortable reading the Internet using a basic web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)
- Have an understanding of computing and the IT industry
- Have an understanding of how computer systems are used by an organization to deliver services to customers
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of business-related topics
- Have an understanding of the ITIL certification scheme and the ITIL Foundation qualification