The construction industry has experienced some changes from technological advancements. However, the rate at which the technologies are implemented in the construction industry is slower than in some other business sectors. This is not a result of disinterest from building experts and contractors, but that technological advancement is gradually meeting up the high demands of the construction industry.
There are several innovative tools, devices and software that support improvement in instruction. For example, these technological applications can facilitate remote automation of machines used in construction and real-time data sharing at the highest possible quality.
How Internet Technology can help construction site growth
Construction site internet solutions can meet up with needs of the industry. There are many ways that broadband WiFi can improve the quality of communication at construction sites and we will go through some of them. Here they are:
1. Improved security and surveillance
Construction site internet in conjunction with other technologies like GPS cameras and drones can improve security. They make it to monitor activities going on at different areas on the site and also track the delivery of expensive materials to prevent theft. Considering that thieves are likely to target the raw materials abundant on construction sites, reliable surveillance is necessary to maintain high security.
2. High video quality
Another major benefit of the internet for construction sites is that it allows contractors to send high quality to their clients and prospects. This makes it easy for customers to view the projects in high detail without having to visit the place. You can ensure constant surveillance and video sharing to your clients by combining the power of the internet with other technologies like drones with 4K film.
Plus, the availability of on-site internet technology helps property owners to closely observe progress on their home development since the video data can be provided immediately if they request it.
3. Automated control over machines
The industry has experienced a game-changer with the availability of real-time mechanization. The provision of the internet at construction sites makes it easy for the workforce and contractors to make important on-site decisions. Considering the unpredictable nature of the working environment at a construction site, it will be sometimes necessary to perform tasks at a safe distance.
Construction site internet makes it possible to control machines in real-time. Even the use of robotics to automate work on the site requires a reliable WiFi connection with fast internet connectivity. Besides, cloud applications make it possible for the client to keep up with the progress of projects from wherever they are.
4. Enhanced maintenance and risk-aversion
With improved video quality and easy accessibility provided, it becomes much easier to minimize risks. The on-site internet availability also makes it easier to have visual information for better maintenance and assessments.
2021 Construction site technological trends
There are several construction site technology trends in 2021 that every contractor or developer should know something about. They facilitate innovative improvements on the site when they are properly implemented. The face and function of the construction industry are changing and these trends are responsible. Some of them are;
1. The Internet of Things (IoT): This is a set-up where devices like televisions, phones, speakers, headphones and watches are all controlled by the same platform while sharing the same sensors. This technological advancement has been more than welcomed in the construction industry over time as it improves on-site safety and effectiveness
. For example, the sensors can even automate the switching on/off on machines to reduce the carbon footprints of the construction company. Also, studies show that they can be used to calibrate the heating and ventilation systems of building projects.
2. Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence: These are machines that can themselves with that knowledge. In the construction industry, these technologies are being used to alleviate tedious and repetitive tasks. Besides, they promise more accurate results over a continuous period.
3. Big Data: The incredibly large amount of data out there cannot be comprehended by the human brain. Big Data is a technology that makes this possible. That way, construction companies can analyse different complex parameters to determine the best risk-prevention techniques to deploy.
4. 3D Printing: On construction sites, 3D printers are becoming useful for fabricating supplies. What makes them great is they require little energy and produce less waste than other production techniques. They are great for prefabricating materials off-site while reducing carbon footprint.
5. 4G WiFi and 5G: Communication is key on construction sites and internet connection makes that possible in almost every possible way. Unlike fixed lines that require complex installations and support only limited data sharing, WiFi and 5G are easy to implement.
The internet has created avenues for construction companies to resolve several communication issues. It has made it possible for data sharing to happen between contractors and clients in real-time. Besides, they can be implemented alongside other technological trends to improve safety and consistency in your projects.